Song One's virtual keyboard allows you to ...
- autoplay and show the keyboard positions of chords that are tapped/swiped in the song editor.
- automatically identify chords of selected keys and add automatically formatted chord symbols to the lyrics.
- customize the song's chord diagrams.
- autoplay and explore the chords of harmonic fields created with the circle of fifths.
- display and practice over 500 scales on the virtual keyboard.
Song One automatically identifies chords while you use the virtual keyboard. Song One recognizes over 200 chord types and distinguishes between root positions, inversions and altered bass notes.
Most note combinations can form more than one chord. In the pop-up menu the first character of the chord symbol identifies the root note (see C, A, G above). If the root note is not the lowest note the chord's inversion is indicated underneath the chord symbol.
A circle will appear above the virtual keyboard:
A scrollable pop-up menu with a search field at the top will appear to allow you to find and select a specific scale (e.g. search for 'Blues' scales):