Song One can read SongbookPro files. The supported file formats include the native SongbookPro files and ChordPro or PDF files generated by SongbookPro. (See 'Avoid exporting files in the PDF format' below.
Song One automatically adds chord diagrams to imported songs that include chords. You may disable this feature or specify the tuning/string instrument to be used to generate the diagrams in Song One's settings/preferences:
To import songs tap/click on the inward pointing arrow in the upper left corner of Song One's main window. (If the library panel is not visible tap/click on the three lines in the upper left corner of the screen.)
Choose 'Import File' to either...
- select a 'SongbookPro Backup' file and import the entire song catalog inlcuding all songs, sets and notes,
- or select and add a single song or set saved by SongbookPro in the ChordPro, the PDF format or its native text-based file format. (See text-based files and PDF files to learn how added songs are transformed.)
A 'SongbookPro Backup' file is the most convenient way to import your entire song catalog into Song One.
This requires the following steps:
- Exporting a 'SongbookPro Backup' file from SongbookPro:
- 1.Tap/Click on the 'Settings' icon in the lower right corner of the library window.
- 2.Select 'Backup & Sync'.
- 3.Tap/Click on the 'Backup Library' button.
- 4.Save the 'SongbookPro Backup' file in a directory of your choice (e.g. iCloud Drive).
- Importing the 'SongbookPro Backup' file into Song One:
Choose 'Import File' in Song One's import menu and select the 'SongbookPro Backup' file.
If you do not wish to import your entire song catalog you may also create a set in SongbookPro to add a collection of songs to your Song One catalog.
- Exporting a 'SongbookPro Set' from SongbookPro:
- 1.Select the desired set in the library window.
- 2.Tap/Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the library window.
- 3.Select 'Share' in the pop-up menu.
- 4.Save the 'SongbookPro Set' file in a directory of your choice (e.g. iCloud Drive).
- Importing the 'SongbookPro Set' into Song One:
Choose 'Import File' in Song One's import menu and select the 'SongbookPro Set' file.
- Avoid exporting files in the PDF format:
Only import songs into Song One in the PDF format if you wish to keep (or add to) your PDF annotations.